Monday 20 March 2017

Philanthropist rescues housemaid from prison

After serving two years of a seven years prison term, 50 years old house help, Lydia Joel has regained her freedom, courtesy of philanthropist and  CEO of Stanel Group, Mr Stanley Uzochukwu.

Lydia was jailed for allegedly stealing a George Wrapper from her mistress

“My madam gave me clothes to wash and I washed them. But in the evening when I gathered the clothes, the George wrapper was missing from the clothes on the line. That was the beginning of my problem. The woman said I stole the cloth; I said I was not the one, but she didn’t believe me.

“She called the police to arrest me and because she has money to influence the police, I was charged to court with different count charges.

“That was how I was eventually charged to court and jailed for 7 years with an option of fine of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only (N150, 000.00). I had nobody to pay that kind of big money, so I resigned to fate in the prison to serve the jail term.

“While in prison, I was frustrated, depressed and hopeless for serving a jail term for a crime I didn’t commit. I thought it was all over in life,’’ she said after breathing the air of freedom.

She said that other inmates also benefited from Stanley Uzochukwu’s visit to Jos Prison.

“I was only happy for the food items but never knew that Stanley Uzochukwu is a God sent; a ‘messiah’ to secure my freedom.

“He set about 25 inmates free from the very day he visited with a truck of food items. And my case was mentioned to him and he promised he would do something.

“But I didn’t believe he could keep to his promise until he, indeed, sent some persons to the prison authorities to initiate the process of making payment for my fine of N150,000.00. This was unbelievable! As God may have it to the shame of my enemies, he paid the fine and I was set free.’’

NAN

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies


We use Cookies to store information about visitor preferences and to record user specific data on visits and pages the user views in order to provide a custom experience.

With regard to third party advertisers, Abujacitynews has no access or control over these cookies.
You should review the respective privacy policies on third party as servers for more information on their practices and how to opt out.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through you web browser options. Instructions for doing this and other cookie related management can be found on the specific web browser's websites

About

Links


This blog contains links to other blog/websites. Please be informed that Abujacity news is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave this blog, please read the privacy policy of every website you visit as this privacy policy applies only to Abujacitynews Blog.

Earn More

PropellerAds

Pages