Tuesday 15 November 2016

I didn't know my husband had a wife and 6 children

An Abuja based fashion designer has told the court how she was deceived into tying the knot with a man who already had a wife and six children.

During Tuesday's hearing in a divorce suit which she filed before a Jikwoyi Customary Court, Abuja, Mrs Lydia Dallah said that she only found out about her husband's marital status after they had tied the knot.

“He never told me that he had an existing marriage with six children.

“It was after I got married to him that I discovered the whole truth about him. Whenever I told him to let me go, he threatened my life.

“He even destroyed some valuables in the house; I was rescued by our neighbours who heard me shouting and crying out for help.

“I later sought medical attention in a nearby pharmacy, and reported the incident to the police who then invited him,” she said.

Mrs Dallah told the court that attempts by her church and family to wade into the matter had not been successful.

“My family and our pastor advised us, pleaded with him and sought to know what he wanted, to grant me divorce.

“He said that he wanted the two children of the marriage.

“I beg this court to dissolve my marriage and grant me the custody of my children.”

After the respondent identified only as Yakubu had denied the allegations, the Presiding Judge, Mr Labaran Gusau, adjourned the matter till November 16th for continuation of hearing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies


We use Cookies to store information about visitor preferences and to record user specific data on visits and pages the user views in order to provide a custom experience.

With regard to third party advertisers, Abujacitynews has no access or control over these cookies.
You should review the respective privacy policies on third party as servers for more information on their practices and how to opt out.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through you web browser options. Instructions for doing this and other cookie related management can be found on the specific web browser's websites

About

Links


This blog contains links to other blog/websites. Please be informed that Abujacity news is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave this blog, please read the privacy policy of every website you visit as this privacy policy applies only to Abujacitynews Blog.

Earn More

PropellerAds

Pages