Saturday 30 January 2016

Catholic Church Transfers Fr Mbaka To New Parish

Emotions flowed freely on Saturday as thousands of Catholic faithful converged at the Christ the King Church, Enugu to watch fiery priest Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka move to his new parish at Emene, a satellite town of Enugu.

Thousands of followers of the Adoration Ministries watched in tears as trucks, cars and buses lined up to evacuate the belongings of their beloved priest and ministry out of the premises of the Christ the King Church at Enugu GRA.

Mbaka who spoke briefly to the wailing crowd recounted how he had built up the Christ the King Parish from 1997 when he was posted there.

He said that he had accepted his transfer as the will of God even though those behind it intended to use it to suffer him.

“I know I am going there to suffer within now and few months. I am going to suffer because I have no place to put my head. I am going to suffer because I have no place to keep the ministry’s assets. I know I am going to suffer and fortunately it is going to happen in the month of lent. Although, I have accepted it as the will of God, it is a mega suffering. All these while, we have been keeping the vineyard and building the Christ the King Parish. All the money I got from my cassettes and crusades were spent on the church, the school and parsonage.

“I am giving God the glory and I welcome the church’s choice and action with absolute acceptance and obedience.
So, there is no negation to what God has approved and what the church suggested. Nobody should see me as a recalcitrant priest. I am not. I have taken an oath of obedience and I stand on it,” he said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Cookies


We use Cookies to store information about visitor preferences and to record user specific data on visits and pages the user views in order to provide a custom experience.

With regard to third party advertisers, Abujacitynews has no access or control over these cookies.
You should review the respective privacy policies on third party as servers for more information on their practices and how to opt out.

If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through you web browser options. Instructions for doing this and other cookie related management can be found on the specific web browser's websites

About

Links


This blog contains links to other blog/websites. Please be informed that Abujacity news is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. When you leave this blog, please read the privacy policy of every website you visit as this privacy policy applies only to Abujacitynews Blog.

Earn More

PropellerAds

Pages