About 2,000 heavily armed troops took off from regional military powerhouse Chad on Wednesday to neighbouring Niger Republic where they will do combat with Boko Haram terrorists that inflicted heavy casualties on Nigerian and Nigerien troops in the town of Bosso last week, said a military source.
Chad is a major contributor to the Multi-National Joint Task Force fighting the Nigeria-based terrorist group who have been attacking neighbouring countries...
Wednesday, 8 June 2016

FG inaugurates job creation and empowerment initiative
Posted on 14:13 by Steve Igbokwe
The Federal Government has introduced N-Power, a job creation initiative which it said will empower young Nigerians between the ages of 18 and 35 with lifelong skills.
Read the full statement from the Presidency explaining the program.
INTRODUCING N-POWER !
N-Power is a job creation and empowerment initiative of the Social Investment Programme of the Federal Government of Nigeria. N-Power is designed to help young Nigerians acquire and develop...

Diezani cash: EFCC grills 2 former ministers over $115m campaign fund
Posted on 14:12 by Steve Igbokwe
Two former ministers, Mohammed Wakil, of the Ministry of Power and Abdu Bulama, of the Ministry of Science and Technology were on Monday grilled by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC over $115m received from Diezani Alison-Madueke for the 2015 general elections.
The two former ministers were Peoples Democratic Party, PDP
campaign coordinators for Borno and Yobe states during the last presidential election.
An EFCC source said...
Tuesday, 7 June 2016

FG inaugurates National Task Force on Rice and Wheat Production
Posted on 13:09 by Steve Igbokwe
The Federal Government has announced the inauguration of the National Task Force on Rice and Wheat Production.
According to a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, the task force is expected to set targets that will lead to comprehensive and clear results in the production of the two crops.
See the full statement below.
07 June 2016 | OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT PRESS RELEASE
FG...

FG inaugurates National Task Force on Rice and Wheat Production
Posted on 13:08 by Steve Igbokwe
The Federal Government has announced the inauguration of the National Task Force on Rice and Wheat Production.
According to a statement issued by the Special Adviser to the Vice President on Media and Publicity, Mr Laolu Akande, the task force is expected to set targets that will lead to comprehensive and clear results in the production of the two crops.
See the full statement below.
07 June 2016 | OFFICE OF THE VICE PRESIDENT PRESS RELEASE
FG...

Police recruitment: 9 applicants detained for certificate forgery
Posted on 12:01 by Steve Igbokwe
The Enugu State Police Command on Tuesday announced the arrest and detention of 9 applicants for forgery in the ongoing recruitment into the police force.
The command's spokesman, Mr Ebere Amaraizu said in a statement that the applicants' offences included alteration of First School Leaving Certificates, birth certificates, and other documents.
He added that the suspects have been assisting the police with investigations.
While urging the applicants...

Kogi Guber Election : Wada loses petition for lack of merit
Posted on 11:43 by Steve Igbokwe
The Kogi State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has dismissed the petition of former governor, Idris Wada for lack of merit.
In her ruling on Tuesday, the
tribunal Chairman, Justice Halima Muhammad, upheld the election of Gov. Yahaya Bello of the All Progressives Congress, APC in the November 21, 2015 governorship election.
Reading her judgement, the judge said, “the tribunal having critically examined the conduct of the election,...
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)