Former Minister of Interior, Abba Moro on Monday pleaded not guilty to fraud and money laundering charges in connection with the N676.7m fraudulently obtained from applicants in the 2014 Immigration recruitment tragedy.
Moro is accused of conniving with three former civil servants and Drexel Tech Nigeria Ltd to defraud 676,675 job applicants of the said amount.
According to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, the accused persons...
Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Ese Oruru reunites with mother as father seeks T B Joshua's help
Posted on 01:26 by Steve Igbokwe
The much anticipated reunion between abducted school girl Ese Oruru and her mother Rose has taken place in Abuja.
Mother and daughter will be meeting with the Inspector General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase later this morning.
They will be catching a 5 pm flight from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja to Portharcourt from where they will be heading home to Bayelsa.
Meanwhile, Ese's father Mr Charles Oruru has declared that he will be...
Tuesday, 1 March 2016

Another case of child abduction and forced conversion to Islam
Posted on 15:35 by Steve Igbokwe
As Nigerians eagerly await the resolution of the Ese Oruru abduction saga, another case of girl child abduction has risen to confront them.
A certain Paul Adaji in a petition to the police alleged that two men abducted his 15 year-old sister and took her to Sokoto where she is to be converted to Islam.
He shared an excerpt of the police report on Facebook.
“BENUE people let’s help our own. Keep sharing until she gets help. SUMMARY Subject matter:...

Unlawful possession of firearm: 3 suspects granted N150,000 bail each
Posted on 11:48 by Steve Igbokwe
An Upper Area Court in Gudu District, Abuja, on Tuesday admitted 3 suspects, Emmanuel Abaronye, Williams Gwabee and Joel Okechukwu to bail in the sum of N150,000 each for unlawful possession of a locally-made pistol.
The presiding judge, Alhaji Umar Kagarko, ordered the defendants to produce one surety each in like sum, and adjourned the case till April 25 for hearing.
The accused, Abanonye, 30, Gwabee, 25 and Okechukwu, 27, all of Orozo, Abuja,...

#FreeEse: It's unislamic for a 14 year-old girl to give herself for marriage - Emir
Posted on 04:36 by Steve Igbokwe
Emir of Kano, HRH Muhammad Sanusi II, has ordered the immediate release of Ese Oruru to the Police DIG, Zone 1, Kano, as a first step in the process of reuniting her with her parents.
Sanusi who issued the order to Kano sharia court also distanced himself and the Kano Emirate Council from the alleged abduction.
“I have ordered the Sharia Commission to liaise with the office of Assistant Inspector General of Police, zone 1, to repatriate and...

Agatu killings politically motivated - PDP
Posted on 01:48 by Steve Igbokwe
The Benue State Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr Emmanuel Agbo, has alleged that the massacre of Agatu people was orchestrated by people who were out to punish them because they “overwhelmingly voted for Senator David Mark” in the last re-run election in Benue South senatorial District.
Speaking at the PDP headquarters where he led members of the state executive council on a solidarity visit to the national chairman of the PDP,...

Total conquest: 5000 cattle, armed Fulani herdsmen take over Agatu land.
Posted on 00:52 by Steve Igbokwe
The Commissioner of Police in Benue State, Northcentral Nigeria, Mr Paul Yakadi on Monday confirmed the occupation of a section of Agatu Local Government Area where marauding Fulani herdsmen last week killed over 300 indigenes and displaced over 7000 persons.
Yakadi said that the land left by fleeing Agatu people is now occupied by no fewer than 5000 cattle and Fulani herdsmen armed with sophisticated weapons.
Reports from the area indicate that...
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)